Lenovo ThinkBook 13x Gen 2

Hi

Has anyone installed Arch Linux on Lenovo ThinkBook 13x Gen 2? I’m looking for a new laptop and just want to check compatibility

1 Like

Lenovo ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 seems to work fine apart from the fingerprint sensor. Laptop/Lenovo - ArchWiki

Since 13x is a beefed up version with ir camera and glance I’d expect it to work ok with some issues with those new features. As with all new hardware, you’ll need to keep checking for bios updates and stay on the latest linux kernel.

1 Like

I have successfully installed & run Manjaro on three Lenovo notebooks over the years. Yes, you may have an issue with the fingerprint reader but apart from that, Lenovo + Linux is a proven combo. Many would choose this combo over any other laptop vendor. All the best making your decision…:slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the chance to install Ubuntu 23.04 on the ThinkBook 13x Gen 2. Everything work except the internal speakers (which is very annoying), because the BIOS ACPI settings are missing several parameters required by the CS35L41 amplifier chip driver (even with the latest BIOS update). I did not have the chance to test the fingerprint reader but i suspect it will be a pain to get it working too. I plan to return the laptop to Lenovo and get something more Linux friendly. This is a pity, because apart from that this is a nice laptop.