Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14are05 Suspension Fails

Hi,

My Ideapad has had consistent suspending issues. As of late it has only gotten worse - it now will completely freeze up whenever i suspend, no matter for how long.

I tried the solution linked here - Lenovo Ideapad 5 14are05 suspend and Backlight do not function correctly. - Hardware - Manjaro Linux Forum - and it has led to this:

`patching file dsdt.dsl`

`Hunk #1 FAILED at 18.`

`Hunk #2 FAILED at 790.`

`Hunk #3 FAILED at 10464.`

`3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dsdt.dsl.rej`

As for the reject file, here it is - --- dsdt.dsl 2020-08-01 17:44:50.799557442 +1000+++ dsdt.dsl 2020-08-01 18:06: - Pastebin.com

I am completely lost on where to go from here. The file won’t recompile after this failed patch.

Hello @MagusZ :wink:

You have to manually solve the differences. Open file dsdt.dsl and open the reject file.

minus (-) at the beginning of the line says that this should be deleted in dsdt.dsl
plus (+) at the beginning of the line says that this should be added in dsdt.dsl

Search for lines and make the changes manually. They are on line 18, 790 and 10464.

Good success :wink:

Hi,

Perhaps I’m missing something, but the reject file looks almost identical to the patch. The minuses are in front of lines that do not exist. should I upload my dsdt.dsl?

Thank you once again for helping me.

OK I think it will be helpful if I post my dsdt.dsl. It’s the exact same as the dsdt.dsl.orig. The patch calls for lines to be added in weird spaces (for instance i think that +DefinitionBlock ("", “DSDT”, 1, “LENOVO”, "CB-01 ", 0x00000002) would better fit on line 21 than 18) and calls for lines to be removed that do not exist in the dsdt.dsl.