Lenovo IdeaPad 3i 14ITL6 Monitor Brightness Control

Hi,

I just got a Lenovo IdeaPad 3i with a Celeron 6305 and installed Manjaro xfce. Everything seem to work except the LCD brightness control. All Fn keyboard keys show a effect except those for the brightness. I can’t find any other way to reduce the brightness. I read acticles about adding a slider to the taskbar etc. but those items don’t exists (anymore?).

However with the power manager I can reduce the brightness after a defined idle time, so at least it’s working and not a driver/hardware issue.

Where can I find a way via the GUI to reduce the default/regular brightness? I run the lastest 5.17 kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe better fix this issue: Backlight - ArchWiki

Since the power manager can adjust the brightness level I don’t think that it’s an good idea to change any kernel parameters. I just can’t find any option in Manjaro to adjust the brightness. That’s all I’m looking for.

I found the way to change the brightness: https://www.reddit.com/r/xfce/comments/jgwvv4/xfce_screen_brightness/

I added the battery symbol to the taskbar and there it is: the screen brightness slider

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.