Left USB stopped working

After upgrade my PineBook Pro to Manjaro 23.02 XFCE the left USB stopped working
Hi there!
I do not have much experience with Manjaro (I’m Debian/Ubuntu user), but interested in Manjaro and Arch.
Yesterday I followed Aragorn suggestion and updated my system:

$ sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Fy && sudo pacman -Syyu

Then, reboot… And, surprise : the mouse didn’t work on left-USB anymore.

$ inxi
CPU: quad core (2-mt/2-st) Model N/A (-MST AMCP-)
speed/min/max: 1144/408/1416:1800 MHz Kernel: 6.5.3-1-MANJARO-ARM aarch64
Up: 8m Mem: 1.26/3.71 GiB (33.9%) Storage: 58.24 GiB (17.3% used) Procs: 208
Shell: Bash inxi: 3.3.30

and

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version: n/a
Distributor ID: Manjaro-ARM
Description: Manjaro ARM Linux
Release: 23.02
Codename: n/a

Any suggestions to get rid of the problem??
Cheers!

PS: By the way my R installation from

finished with error… R does not start… Any suggestion to this issue???

Try installing another kernel and see if the USB issue is related to the kernel.

For RStudio create a separate topic please if you want support on that.

Hi @Ice-O-Star ,

I had a similar problem about a month ago after updating my PineBook Pro. No matter what I did, the USB Type-C port simply wouldn’t work, however, oddly enough I discovered that after shutdown the PineBook Pro and then use the barrel charger for a full charge, the USB Type-C suddenly worked and have been working since then.

I know that it sounds really weird and it might not work on your case, but that is what I did, so I think it is worth the try. Just remember to NEVER try to use the barrel port and USB Type-C simultaneously for charging as it could fry your motherboard.

I wish you the best of lucks xD

Hello! New PBP Manjaro ARM user here. I’m coming from X86 Debian and am a bit lost. I have the non-functional USB 3.0 port on the left of PBB issue. What is a safe stable kernel I can install and how do I do it? I’m unfamiliar with Pac-Man and dos/don’ts of Manjaro. Thanks in advance!

The USB port is working fine for me on the unstable branch with kernel 6.6.2-1.

Thank you for the reply! How do I switch to this kernel? Is there any trade off by switching over to it?

See Switching Branches - Manjaro

Thank you!