Latte-dock on Gnome wayland?

Hi everybody,

is there a way to make latte-dock software works on Gnome wayland ? Since the 0.10 version, others desktops are supported by latte-dock (Gnome, xfce, Cinnamon). Latte-dock works on KDE with wayland (I tried), but on Gnome with wayland, nothing happens. I launched latte-dock through the terminal, and the messages say to me ‘QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on wayland’. I defined in /etc/environment file that line but despite it, nothing happens.

Have you got an idea or a tip ?

Thanks.

Note: I’m using the 0.10 version from official repository.

I don’t think you should use latte-dock for Gnome because it’s made for KDE which uses QT and if u really want to deal with applications looking very weird and not integrating with ur desktop. If u can use Gnome Extensions

2 Likes

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get. (I.E. Don’t do it!)

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

Hi,

here are the messages I’ve got when I launch latte-dock under the terminal:

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread

Regards.

We’ve just told you: Don’t install latte-dock on Gnome: You’re going to back yourself into a corner that you cannot get out of pretty soon if you keep doing things like that.

Therefore, please read this:

(At a minimum the section Linux has multiple GUIs and better read all sections you’re not yet familiar with)

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Why not:
Gnome-Extension “Floating Dock”???
I have tested that on Wayland…

1 Like

Ok. The subject can be closed.

To do that, click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution

3 days afterwards, the issue will be closed automatically.

:bowing_man:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.