Latest updates fail due to a conflict

Only if you use 'em. I have neither installed:

$ pamac search -i updlockfiles

$ pamac search -i pacui

thank you

1 Like

Thanks! i left out the pacman update and then run ā€˜sudo pacman -Syu pacman-contribā€™.
now everythingā€™s fine.
Thanks again!

1 Like

thank you, that works for me.

true but I believe we should avoid updates that can cause issues like this even if it is a small inconvenience especially when it comes to the new users or at least push out an update that resolves the conflict to stop it from being a wave of affected users. That said thank you for the replies and help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As have been said before, numerously:

This is a rolling-release distribution, which has never been and never will be set-and-forget. The user would always need to maintain their system, which means you need to roll up your sleeves and do things, they wonā€™t be done for you.

All respect to them, but this isnā€™t Ubuntu or Windows where everything is done fore you. Neither is it LFS where you need to do every.friggin.thing. But it needs hands-on, manual intervention.

An I think this is where Manjaro provides a beautiful, awesome half-way.

This might explain it better:

3 Likes

I totally agree but just because it is a rolling release that doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t fix or improve I mean look how good rolling release distros have gotten compared to the early days where they used to be pretty unstable and I do think it is a beautiful half way especially with the half way of being bleeding edge yet easier to use and more powerful with more powerful tools that come with the distro compared to Ubuntu for example which got left behind in leading ā€œease of useā€ it used to have back in the day.

This is why I move so many people to Manjaro because of how awesome the distro is, everything it can do, itā€™s complex yet ease of use for new users middle ground and more. I am not trying to talk negatively about Manjaro in any way I just love the distro and want to help make it better and always push it forward to always improve any way it can if you get what I mean :smile:

I do yes. Although your lack of punctuation didnā€™t make it easy. Please start typing properly. We canā€™t see your face or hear your voice, so all we have to go on is your punctuation and not using any makes it extremelly hard i mean if itā€™s not necessary it wouldnt bee in books right

Edit:

And my point was that since you admit you donā€™t read the Announcements you are on your own. In the beginning I didnā€™t either. However, that soon (about 3 months in) stopped, when I ran into trouble.

So itā€™s on you if you want to be stubborn and continue the way you do, or if you want to learn, adapt, and go forward.

2 Likes

If you believe you have valuable feedback - I would agree - if you were using unstable or testing branch, thus you could have provided this feedback earlier.

Instead you are lurking in the background ā€¦ then popping a comment I believe we should avoid.

Please use the testing branch - that way you can provide more timely feedback to catch such small annoyances.

3 Likes

This really helped me a lot. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.