Language packs: conflict between core/psmisc 23.4-1 and community/man-pages-de 4.2.0-1

Hi all,
its my first post here, thanks to all for your great work managing to tame the jungle that is the arch based ecosystem out there.

I recently updated my Manjaro KDE edition to the unstable branch. When trying to install the man-pages-de package for my system I got the following errors, also terminating the whole transaction of “Install language packs” in Manjaro Settings Manager:

$ pamac install man-pages-de
Preparing…
Synchronizing package databases…
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…

To install (1):
man-pages-de 4.2.0-1 community

Total installed size: 3,6 MB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Checking keyring… [1/1]
Checking integrity… [1/1]
Loading packages files… [1/1]
Checking file conflicts… [1/1]
Error: Failed to commit transaction:
conflicting files:

• man-pages-de: /usr/share/man/de/man1/fuser.1.gz already exists in filesystem (owned by psmisc)
  • man-pages-de: /usr/share/man/de/man1/killall.1.gz already exists in filesystem (owned by psmisc)
  • man-pages-de: /usr/share/man/de/man1/peekfd.1.gz already exists in filesystem (owned by psmisc)
  • man-pages-de: /usr/share/man/de/man1/prtstat.1.gz already exists in filesystem (owned by psmisc)
  • man-pages-de: /usr/share/man/de/man1/pslog.1.gz already exists in filesystem (owned by psmisc)
  • man-pages-de: /usr/share/man/de/man1/pstree.1.gz already exists in filesystem (owned by psmisc)

The latest version of psmisc (23.4-1) includes man pages for [de,fr,pt_BR,ru,uk] already, making the installation of man-pages-[de,fr,pt_BR,ru,uk] 4.2.0-1 impossible. Issues like that are to be expected when running unstable, that’s the fun of it!

1 Like

Same here with testing branch.

And no, IMHO a properly working QA should notice this kind of blocker problems before such a package gets into the testing repos.

1 Like