Ksystemstats memory leak

Not sure if this is where I should be posting, but over the last week or two I’ve started to experience serious memory leak issues with ksystemstats. About once a day memory allocation to ksystemstats jumps to 50gb+. Killing the process seems to solve the issue. Does anyone know where I should go to submit a bug report on this?

Thanks!

1 Like

From how? I suppose from ksysguard?

I might say it should be reported to KDE … but maybe it would make sense to gather some more information first and/or check if a report already exists.

Hello,

I also had the same problem yesterday. The process ksystemstats was using multiple GB of RAM.

Htop showed (I’m not allowed to include images):

/usr/lib/systemd/systemd --user
|- /usr/bin/ksystemstats
   |- /usr/bin/ksysguardd
   |- /usr/bin/ksystemstats (23.6GB memory usage)

I didn’t observe if RAM usage was continuously growing over time or just spiked at some point. I normally use hibernation and reboot the OS only after a couple of days. I have some of the stock system performance widgets on my desktop, but not sure if that is related to that.

I also noticed that sometimes the Plasma UI gets super slow and needs multiple seconds to start a simple program. After a restart it works fine again. But I’m not sure if that is related.

What would be the best way to debug this problem when it appears the next time? I coming from Ubuntu / Debian world and are quite new to Manjaro / Arch / Plasma. Therefore, I’m still lacking knowledge on how to debug the system in these situations :).