Krita: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkritaui.so.18 on Pinephone Plasma

Trying to run Krita 5.0.2 installed from Discovery on PinephonePro Plasma Mobile, but getting following error when trying to launch:

krita: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkritaui.so.18: undefined symbol: _ZN20QOpenGLFunctions_2_114versionProfileEv, version Qt_5

following this thread its an issue with switching to regular qt packages.

But they are not installable on
KDE Plasma 5.24.2 Manjaro-Arm 22.01

Any hints on how to solve this?

What do you mean by “not installable”? Those packages are available for ARM as far as I can tell. As suggested in that post run this command and reboot:

sudo pacman -S qt5-base qt5-declarative qt5-multimedia

They are not installable because of conflicting:

edit:
maybe symlinking some libs might help?

That is a bad practice and will break more things than it fixes. Maybe @Strit can throw some light on the issue.

As far as I know, Krita is built on and assumes that the Desktop version of OpenGL is built into QT.

Our Plasma Mobile is using OpenGL ES instead, as requested and recommended by the Plasma Mobile developers.

So you can install pyside2, qt5-base, qt5-declarative, qt5-multimedia and qt5-wayland, replacing the OpenGL ES versions with regular OpenGL versions and have Krita work. This can however have a negative effect on the Plasma Mobile interface in general.

Krita is not built for mobile, so I have no idea why you would want it on your phone.

1 Like

As mentioned above I was not able to install the recommended packages due to conflicts in the system.

About the Why? question:
I am soon going to travel the world by bicycle, as a pure Linux user I do love the idea to just have my PinephonePro with me as an electronic device. On days where we stay somewhere where is a HDMI screen, I’d like to make basic photo editing (and more). Seems to kind of work with Gimp. I know that this is going to be though with FOSS only, but I want to push the limits hard and motivate everyone to keep on the convergence idea.

I’ve replaces them a couple of times myself, so I know you can, you just need to define all of the packages, like I did above, not just the 3 you did.

1 Like

Thanks! this is the workaround:

sudo pacman -S pyside2 qt5-base qt5-declarative qt5-multimedia qt5-wayland

This means I should try to build Krita on Manjaro ARM directly to not mess with qt5 stuff and having a reliable future-oriented solution ?

Krita is running pretty good in convergence:

edit:
next step is to try/implement a mouse emulator on the phonescreen:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.