Krita in Steam (flatpak) doesn't launch

Hi!

For some reason Krita in Steam doesn’t launch.
When i run the application in the folder without Steam - it works. But when i run it in Steam - it immediately closes.

Debug stuff when i launch Steam through the terminal:

GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to ProcessingInstallScript with ""
GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SynchronizingCloud with ""
GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SynchronizingControllerConfig with ""
GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SiteLicenseSeatCheckout with ""
GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to CreatingProcess with ""
GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to CreatingProcess ""
GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp continues with user response "CreatingProcess"
/bin/sh\0-c\0/home/*username*/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=280680 -- /home/*username*/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/*username*/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Krita/launch.sh'\0
Game process added : AppID 280680 "/home/*username*/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=280680 -- /home/*username*/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/*username*/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Krita/launch.sh'", ProcID 517, IP 0.0.0.0:0
chdir /home/*username*/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Krita
GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 280680, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
/home/*username*/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Krita/launch.sh: line 16: /home/*username*/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Krita/krita.appimage: No such file or directory
Game process removed: AppID 280680 "/home/*username*/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=280680 -- /home/*username*/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/*username*/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Krita/launch.sh'", ProcID 517 
Uploaded AppInterfaceStats to Steam

Hello,

Have you placed and have it there, with that name as appimage?
But then, why run it trough Steam from Flatpak, when there is Krita in repositories and also there is Steam.

Hi!

Yep, it is here. Or at least i think so! It runs well when i do it in the folder steam points to.

I downloaded Krita on Steam (Steam is in flatpak), and it doesn’t launch. I want too keep track of the time i spent in the software, so i want to use it through Steam :smiley:

You can use ActivityWatch for this. Install it from AUR:

pamac build activitywatch-bin

Hey, thanks for the tip! I’ll keep that tracker in sight

But i would really love to find a solution with the steam one :smiley:

Solved.

Changed my Steam from Flatpak to Official Manjaro Repo.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.