Kotlin, Gradle & gigabytes of cruft

Hi,

This is a noob question, of course. I’m interested in scripts built with Kotlin Native. There’s a project which is supposed to answer all my questions. A really neat project, running way better than such projects usually do :slight_smile:

Good news: Android Studio apparently can import and manage the project in question.

Bad news: I tried to manage it first with the software from the repositories, like extra/gradle and this:

> archlinux-java status
Available Java environments:
  java-11-openjdk (default)
  java-8-openjdk

I ran successfully

> sudo ./gradlew run

With some cross-platform specific errors

> ./gradlew allTests

These fairly successful attempts resulted in downloading some 2 or 3 gigabytes of I don’t know what. Since I want to proceed with the Android Studio (which also downloaded the same gigabytes for its own use, of course), I’d better remove the unnecessary software from the system. The project directory uses about 130M of disk space, so the gigabytes are elsewhere.

Where can I find them and what is the correct way to free the disk space? I understand that my question is answered in the docs, but I have no idea what the relevant docs are. There are also tutorials and things; where to look first? Any hint is welcome. Java can be overwhelming, especially for the newbies…

As a gui program i use Baobab.

The git utility just happens to be an example. I’m after creating my own CLI utilities with Kotlin Native.