Konsole not opening after changing profiles

Hi :blush: , i think i broke the terminal. I configured my konsole to start from /bin/fish , by adding /bin/fish in profile settings of the konsole. It worked well. After some time I added /bin/fish | lolcat to make it colorfull :slightly_smiling_face:. Now the konsole is not opening :sob:. Idk :neutral_face: what to do.

Does it totally just not open? Or did you get an error or something?

Bruh you use a cancerous amount of emojis LMAO :grin: :upside_down_face: :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :grinning: :smiley: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.!!!

No its not giving me any error one something like that . Its not opening. :crazy_face:

What happens when you press Ctrl + Alt + T

The terminal window opened and it closed within 0.5 second

Go to ~/.local/konsole/, idenfify your default profile file (you can find name in ~/.config/konsolerc) and remove lolcat part from Command= line :wink:

1 Like

You can try removing the config files of Konsole?

I tried this didnt work :slightly_smiling_face:. After that i removed both the file mentioned in this and it worked :partying_face:. Thanks guys you guys are amazing

1 Like

It worked :partying_face:

1 Like

After deleting the config files and all terminal revert back to deafult settings after restarting terminal even if i change the profiles bruh :crazy_face:

I’m confused, can you rephrase? Do you mean that your settings don’t save?

If i goto konsole settings > Edit current profile > appearance and change breeze ( deafult konsole color scheme ) to something else , the konsole theme changes at that time. But is i close and reopen the konsole the colour scheme changes to breeze :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh it fixed. Default [ Read Only ] was selected as default profile . I created a new profile and changed the colour scheme in that new profile , then i made the new profile default :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.