Klauncher said: Error loading '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so'

Hello,
after i have run system update/upgrade on 5.8.18-1-MANJARO
i have seen that it did backups to make sure things continue to work until i reboot.
So i have not yet rebooted since i have some things to finish. Dolphin file manager stopped working not displaying any folder contents and instead showing:

Unable to create io-slave. klauncher said: Error loading ‘/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so’.

locate file.so

Maybe you can fix this so it continue to work for the time before reboot? (i do not know if it will work after then, since i have not yet rebooted)

First of all, your issue has nothing to do with the kernel ─ I’ve moved the thread to #desktop-environments:Plasma, which it does have to do with.

Secondly, what you are experiencing is the fact that the upgrade has replaced a number of shared libraries that your running system was using, and by not rebooting, you are still running with out-of-date libraries in memory that are no longer compatible with the upgraded binaries on your drive. And that’s what’s causing your problem.

Therefore, you should reboot, and there is nothing for the Manjaro developers to fix in that regard. qt5 and kf5 aren’t even being developed by the Manjaro developers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.