Khadas VIM Kernel on Testing Branch

I have been happily running Manjaro Minimal testing branch on a Khadas VIM3 for almost a year now, and about week ago it appears that the linux-vim package was replaced by linux-odroid see commit. Around the same time it appears that a linux-khadas package was released. I would like to know which kernel the developers recommend running on the Khadas VIM3? If it is a matter of personal preference I would like to know which Kernel is considered to be more stable on the VIM3.

@spikerguy responded to this question in another post a couple days ago. [How To] Install run Manjaro ARM on Amlogic TV Boxes with S922X - S905X3 SOC - #165 by JFL.

linux-khadas for all amlogic devices expect for odroids.

When upgrading the VIM3 kernel package why does the PKGBUILD replace linux-vim with linux-odroid? May I suggest adding this following line to the linux-khadas PKGBUILD, and dropping the replaces=('linux-vim') line from the linux-odroid PKGBUILD.

+ replaces=('linux-vim')
1 Like

Apparently I don’t know what I am talking about and as of 5 months ago the VIM3 runs mainline kernel.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.