Keyboard Shortcuts not responding

Unable to open terminal using keyboard shortcuts, I have checked it properly set in the respective settings.

1 Like

Bump, I’m having the same problem. Not sure when it was introduced and how, but I’ll start by sharing some of my current settings:
(Note I also use the linux kernel 5.4.80-2, but 4.19.x kernel has been the most stable so far)

Host: XPS 13 9370 
Kernel: 4.19.160-1-MANJARO 
Shell: zsh 5.8 
Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1080, 1920x1080 
DE: Plasma 5.20.4 
WM: KWin 
WMTheme: Dracula 
Theme: Dracula [Plasma], Sensual-Breeze [GTK2/3] 
Icons: McMojave-circle-dark [Plasma], McMojave-circle-dark [GTK2/3] 
Terminal: konsole 
TerminalFont: FiraCode Nerd Font Mono 11 
CPU: Intel i5-8250U (8) @ 3.400GHz 
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620 
Memory: 3885MiB / 15820MiB 
DISTRIB_ID: ManjaroLinux
DISTRIB_RELEASE: 20.2
DISTRIB_CODENAME: Nibia

I remember this being introduced at some point around 4-6 weeks ago. Perhaps also around the time of Manjaro 20.1 or 20.2, IIRC Manjaro 20 and 19.x worked fine.

1 Like

Another bump here, using manjaro kde and it was working fine on the user made from the installer BUT when i made a new user suddenly the terminal keybind is broken and screen lock key broken, there may be more broken but in my experience it was just these two for now, on the latest non rc kernel and stable branch.

Well, it’s not a fix, but I’ve discovered a work-around that does quite fine.

1. Go to the System Settings (KDE Plasma Application)
  2. In the Menu hierarchy go to (from top to bottom, left to right): Workspace > Shortcuts > Systems Services > KDE Daemon. Note, if you’re experiencing this problem, it’s likely that you also see two entries and the second entry has the non-working shortcut.
  3. Once you’ve located the non-working shortcut, click the delete icon beside it to clear the shortcut. You will not notice any changes yet, this is to clear up the hotkey to work with what we are about to configure.
  4. Below the second (inner) left side panel there’s a button [+ Add Application…] Click this and select your terminal of choice, let’s say konsole, though you could use Terminator or Xterm.
  5. You can type the word “Konsole” to find it quicker. This will create a new entry under Applications.
  6. Select Applications > Konsole (or whatever terminal emulator you wanted to setup).
  7. Assign it the shortcut/hotkey you want under Custom Shortcuts.

That’s it! Enjoy Linux as it should be.

Had a keyboard shortcut problem in xfce (5.14.21-2-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 21 22:43:47 UTC 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux).

The problem: Ctrl+C would not copy selected text, Ctrl+S would launch SaveAs dialog.

Resolution: Xfce menu > Settings > Keyboard launches Keyboard dialog.

Select Application Shortcuts page and select “Reset to Defaults”.

That appears to solve the problem.