Kernel linux61 and Realtek RTL88x2bu [AC1200 Techkey]

Hi,
Today I upgraded the kernel. My computer works perfectly but computer of my daughter connected by the way of a Realtek RTL88x2bu [AC1200 Techkey] has some important problems using the new kernel.

By executing the old 5.15 kernel the problem disappears.

Device-2: Realtek RTL88x2bu [AC1200 Techkey] driver: rtl88x2bu type: USB

I tried to reinstall the driver by AUR but the problem persists using the last kernel (fastest than the previous ones).

The malfunctioning consist of:

1. at the beginning the NetWorkManager icons show the wifi networks but the computer is not able to connect them
  2. the NetworkManager becomes “not running”
  3. A shell with the command ```systemctl restart NetworkManager`` freezes
  4. As hell with the command ip address freezes
  5. As hell with the command sudo su freezes

Is this the right place to present the bug?

Best

I suggest you use that 5.15 kernel for the time being, until the next iteration of the 6.1 kernel is released. There are currently other issues with both 6.6 and 6.1 kernels (last update) which might be related.

Keep monitoring the Stable Update announcements, and look for any mention of a kernel update, and again try 6.1 (or try the new 6.7 kernel when it is released).

I hope this helps. Cheers.

@marco.righi

Just following up on this. Both the 6.1 and 6.6 kernels have just been updated and fix issues I alluded to previously. Now might be a good time to update and see if either of those also fix the issue on your daughter’s machine.

Best regards.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.