Kernel 6.0 hangs at boot: running early hooks [udev]

Hi all!
I’m trying to boot the new 6.0 kernel without success: on boot it hangs at “Running early hooks [udev]” and this needs a forced reboot/shutdown.
I’m currently using kernel 5.15.74 for everyday use, but have also no issue during boot with kernel 5.19.16.
My kernel parameters (grub):

intel_iommu=on iommu=pt kvm_intel.nested=1 isolcpus=1-7,9-15,17-23,25-31 nohz_full=1-7,9-15,17-23,25-31 rcu_nocbs=1-7,9-15,17-23,25-31 udev.log_priority=3 libata.force=noncq intel_idle.max_cstate=0

My mkinitcpio.conf:

HOOKS=(load_vfio-pci base udev autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard)

load_vfio-pci is a hook to isolate/stub a sata controller.
I have no info in dmesg.

How can I have more info about what’s happening or what can I try?

Thank you

@philm
I found the issue relating to my issue.
In real, the system doesn’t hang with kernel 6.0.x, but it stops outputting video output after “running early hooks [UDEV]”.
It seems the vfio module is messing with framebuffers.
I can ssh into into the system from a secondary device without any modification to loaded modules (vfio is loaded), and I’m able to run vms with virsh.
First issue I found with this configuration:
In the vm (I’m passing through the usb 3 controller), mouse/keyboard dongle doesn’t work if it’s connected to usb 3 → kvm switch (it’s usb 2.0 hub internally); it works if connected directly to usb3 port.
No issues with that kvm switch on older kernels (<= 5.19).
Even with this 6.0 kernel, as in older 5.18 and 5.19 I’m experiencing lags with usb mouse in the first minutes after the vm is started (this both with the usb dongle connected to the kvm switch or to the usb 3 port); no issue with kernel <=5.17.

If I don’t load the vfio modules I get video output, i.e. if I change from this:

MODULES=(vfio_pci vfio vfio_iommu_type1 vfio_virqfd)
HOOKS=(load_vfio-pci base udev autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard)

to this:

MODULES=""
HOOKS=(base udev autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard)

But this configuration is of no use for me as I need vfio.

Definetly some work to be done for vfio and kernel 6.0.x.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=280512