Kdenlive installation - Solve problem dependency

Hello everyone.
I want to install Kdenlive, but i can’t because there is a dependency problem.
The error is this:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing poppler (20.12.1-1) breaks dependency ‘poppler=20.10.0’ required by poppler-glib
==> Restart building kdenlive-git ? [y/N]
==> -------------------------------------
==> % ➜ ~ yaourt -S poppler
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…
:: installing poppler (20.12.1-1) breaks dependency ‘poppler=20.10.0’ required by poppler-glib
➜ ~ yaourt -Rns sane
checking dependencies…
:: removing sane breaks dependency ‘sane’ required by colord-sane
➜ ~

I still don’t know how to solve these cases when there is a problem with packages that use other packages that are installed, and it is not easy to see the entire dependency tree.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Is there any particular reason why you want to install the kdenlive-git package from the AUR instead of the kdenlive that’s in the Manjaro repository?

Hi.
I am very happy to be able to participate in this Forum, it is my first time.

No, actually I have tried the kdenlive package, and it gives me the same error.

Are you sure? I have kdenlive installed and there is no such problem here. But it’s the version from the repo and the same applies to poppler.

Try this in a terminal window… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -Syyuu kdenlive poppler

The AUR versions are usually newer than the repo versions. The above command will allow downgrading.

1 Like

This is the error:
➜ ~ sudo pacman -S kdenlive poppler
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…
➜ ~

I tried to install latte-dock yesterday, and it gave me that dependency error. And it gave me that poppler error. I thought it would only be for that package, but then I couldn’t install Kdenlive.

Try the command I gave above… :wink:

Wow, I missed it, I thought it was just -S. Well now I’m running it.

1 Like

If the problem has been solved ─ and for future reference ─ could you then please mark the post that solved it as the solution? This will add a summary of said post to your opening post, so that people with the same problem can more easily find out how to fix it. :slight_smile:

The problem was resolved. I’m going to mark it like that.
Before, can you tell me why you thought of that command: -Syyuu?

1 Like

Well, the versions in the AUR are generally newer, because AUR is on par with Arch Stable, which in turn is on par with Manjaro Unstable. So I figured that allowing pacman to downgrade the packages was the way to go. The double uu allows for downgrading. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I marked the solution. Is the query already resolved?

1 Like

Um, the query? :confused:

I’m sorry. I do not speak english. So, I might have asked: Is the problem marked as solved?
That’s my doubt :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it is. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.