KDE (only) cannot see remote printer after last stable update

I had a problem with seeing remote printers after the stable upgrade. Uncommenting two lines in cups-browsed.conf fixed the initial problem:

CreateIPPPrinterQueues Driverless
 CreateIPPPrinterQueues All

I still cannot see the printer from KDE and Qt applications. All non-KDE GUI appllications can see the printer (and it works), and it appears correct in KDE printer config and I can see the print queue from there too.

So it looks like the problem is Qt, but I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting this.

It is reported here 455798 – Network printer missing in the print dialog of KDE apps, while available and working in the system settings and all non-KDE apps

4 Likes

Todays update fixed this issue, I suppose it is the system-printer-config package, but thats just a wild guess!

1 Like

Hello,
I just noticed KDE does not see the canon MG3025 printer. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the printer as well as the system-printer-config package to no avail. The postings mention an update apparently released in July. It seems since I reinstalled the package, it would be the most recent version.

I’m running an:
HP 8760w
8gB RAM
Canon MG3000 wirelessly connected.

Ideas greatly appreciated,
Mike

New observation.
Today the printer option was offered on the Okular print box, however, it is now gone again.
Mike