KDE laggy even if I use default theme

Hello,

But according to your user description, you have a Laptop, and most likely a hybrid GPU one …
To know exactly, here is [HowTo] Provide System Information

Sorry, I made a mistake, I just installed Manjaro on my DESKTOP machine. And I have an issue on this unlike my other Manjaro on my laptop. I edit my initial message :slight_smile:

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    [HowTo] Provide System Information
    and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
    Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1

1 Like

Please don’t use QUOTES to post CODE, it makes it unreadable.

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

Do it like that

```
your log here
```
so it is readable and properly formatted.

sorry, I fixed that :slight_smile:

It seems that Manjaro KDE lag is commonly observable.

There’s a suspicion that it has something to do with baloo, but it’s not confirmed:

Can you give more detail on what “laggy” means?

Here is how I configure Nvidia on KDE for tearing/smoothness issues Imgur: The magic of the Internet

For example when I go to plasma menu → configuration → system configuration and I click on it, the menu disappears (normal behavior) and before system configuration window appears the cursor freezes.

Sometimes when I watch video, it freezes too

It’s always less than a second for all examples but I think it’s not normal with my hardware :confused:

I have fairly similar hardware, and don’t have these issues.

Can you try to create a new user, login to this new user, and see if on a default new user you have same issues? Maybe something you installed on your current user is creating the issue.

ok I’ll tryc, give me some minutes :slight_smile:

Else I tried “Imgur: The magic of the Internet”
Same behavior :confused:

I made a new user and there is the same behavior

let’s check and have a focus to something else. there had been issues with bios settings of the default energy mode inside and the ryzen-cpu. you’re nvidia-driver is set correct and maybe the reason is indeed something else.

So if I understand well my problem comes from my kernel

In manjaro settings → kernels I see many kernels. I’m using 5.15.21-1
wich one should be test ?
I can install :
5.16.7-1
5.16.2_rt19-1
5.17rc… (experimental)

5.16.7-1

1 Like

Freezes are always here :confused:

may i ask if you are on a stable or unstable release ? please post the output of

sudo pacman-mirrors -G

If it can help you, I just made a video to show you an example of freeze:

https://easyupload.io/1193rk

It’s really just little freezes but it’s annoying

sudo pacman-mirrors -G                                                                                                              

stable

Ah … the KDE animation is smooth and actually not laggy, so it’s not the graphics problem.

That kind of little freezing is more related to either the CPU or SSD.

Since you just did a fresh install, it’s probably the SSD that just need some time to accustom itself.

My advice is to use your desktop normally for a longer time.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about here.

I don’t really see the issue you’re talking about, what is freezing?

//EDIT: also it may not be the issue but your BIOS is really outdated (from 2019). If you update it be prepared with a Manjaro live USB to boot your installation as it may be possible the BIOS doesn’t auto detect the bootloader (and you can use the Manjaro USB to “Detect bootloaders” to boot on Manjaro, and from there you can reinstall Grub with command sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=manjaro --recheck for an UEFI installation, followed by sudo update-grub and reboot).