KDE Doesn't boot

post again output from:
find /etc/X11/ -name "*.conf"
and from:
ls /etc/modprobe.d
and what is the calibration conf for?

1 Like

Here you are. The calibration is for my touchscreens. I have an ASUS Zenbook Duo and perhaps why my display is having issues is because Manjaro doesn’t work 100% correctly with dual display system like this right out of the box.

try again startx
also post again xorg log from your home folder
and what exactly is your laptop model/name?

1 Like

startx still isn’t recognized as a command. It’s the ASUS ZenBook Duo UX481-f, I’ll post the inxi output below:

now the log points to the calibration conf, so rename it:

mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf.bak

uninstall the drivers:
sudo mhwd -r pci video-linux
sudo mhwd -r pci video-modesetting
install them again:
sudo mhwd -a pci free 0300
reboot

1 Like

Wow ok that finally worked. Thank you for the step by step help, let me know if i can buy you coffee or something lol. I’m still confused as to why this happened though, if you have a succinct explanation please let me know~

well it happened because:

1. you had there the messed up configs - the xorg and the calibration one, and;
  2. even if you didnt have these 2 configs, you still would not be able to boot, because you had installed all the available drivers: vesa/modesetting/linux, but especially the vesa one… and now you have installed the proper ones - the linux one, so dont mess with them again :face_with_peeking_eye:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.