KDE could not find theme after update

Which kio package is installed?

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5
/usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5 is owned by kio 5.80.1-1

1 Like

VirtualBox_Manjaro_19_03_2021_09_32_31 VirtualBox_Manjaro_19_03_2021_09_35_32

So far I see no issues with 21.0 …

Normally KIO 5.80.1 should fix it. As an alternative you can also do:

wget https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/k/kio/kio-5.79.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
sudo pacman -U kio-5.79.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

1 Like
1 Like

After doing a fresh install update all. I don’t have any issue.
I have /usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5 appartient à kio 5.80.1-1
Note on previous install I had SDK KDE

I managed to fix my system. I not sure when or how it happened, but it looks like a few of my KDE packages switched over to the community version (i.e. end in -git) from the extras versions. It might of happened when I installed neochat.

Most of the system was using the extras versions, but I had the following installed:
kcoreaddons-git kdbusaddons-git kwindowsystem-git kcodecs-git kconfig-git kirigami2-git kquickimageeditor-git knotifications-git ki18n-git

Reinstalling the extras versions fixed my issues, i.e. running

pacman -S kcoreaddons kdbusaddons kwindowsystem kcodecs kconfig kirigami2 kquickimageeditor knotifications ki18n

and accepting the replacement of the conflicting packages.

8 Likes

If anyone else can confirm the following solves the issue:

then we can put it in the solution section of the wiki.

:+1:

If you installed neochat-git that would explain it. That pulls in some -git dependencies, which would try to replace some of your system with git packages.

1 Like

Yeah it was neochat-git, I removed it before making the other changes.

2 Likes

You fixed my system and made my day!

1 Like

I still have the problem, looking into Xorg log, there’s a message:
Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch

My laptop has no nvidia card, it is just intel core i3

I confirm that I also had NeoChat installed. In the meantime I reinstalled my system … let’s say that it was the opportunity to clean it up. :roll_eyes:
Thanks

I also solved… don’t know why but I had discover-snap installed instead of the distro official one. Removing it, solved my problem too!

I followed the discussion carefully, marked the message as a solution and put a heart etc… I also continued to comment on the discussion even if I had made the choice to rebuild my system. I think I did the job.
(This is before your message)

1 Like

My apologies, our letters must have crossed each other while being processed by the mail system…

:mailbox: :grin:

For me downgrading to kio 5.78 (which I had locally) fixed it. Otherwise I couldn’t start lookandfeeltool to change the theme as it gave the same undefined symbol error and also was getting a cannot open display error in the tty.

I’m now in the DE but cannot change SDDM theme (from Maia) through the settings manager (I can’t embed the print screen) Error loading QML file.

Doing pacman -S kcoreaddons kdbusaddons kwindowsystem kcodecs kconfig kirigami2 kquickimageeditor knotifications ki18n worked as neochat-git brought it’s whole suite of these guys from git :man_facepalming:

Now everything works fine with kio 5.80.1-1 :tada:

1 Like

… my error looks now:

… with this i get my normal login-screen back, can login, but now i have a black screen !!!

1 Like

ktrip-git from the offical repo caused the same problem for me, I additionally had to replace kcontacts-git.

So pacman -S kcoreaddons kdbusaddons kwindowsystem kcodecs kconfig kirigami2 kquickimageeditor knotifications ki18n kcontacts
solved it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.