Kate unable to load plugin

kf.service.sycoca: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file.
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so" Error: "Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so: (libaspell.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_hspell.so" Error: "Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_hspell.so: (libhspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_voikko.so" Error: "Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_voikko.so: (libvoikko.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
kf.sonnet.core: No language dictionaries for the language: "C" trying to load en_US as default
kf.kio.core: We got some errors while running testparm "Error loading services."
kf.kio.core: We got some errors while running 'net usershare info'
kf.kio.core: "Can't load /etc/samba/smb.conf - run testparm to debug it\n"

Whenever I use kate (some_file) it says this, but the file /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so exists.

According to archlinux they are just debug messages.

This is an extreme measure. My KDE system is a throw away VM.
I turn them off using the GUI kdebugdialog5.
On KDE5 I had to set the variable QT_LOGGING_RULES in .bashrc.

If these messages are only seen when kate is started from the command line, stderr could always be redirected to /dev/null.

If you aren’t having a problem and the messages are benign it is probably best to just ignore them. And on an application basis just redirect stderr (i.e., kdebugdialog5 2>/dev/null). Googling and reading the code is the only way I know of determining if a message is benign, if it isn’t clear.

Unable to load plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/voikko.so" Error: "Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/voikko.so: (libvoikko.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"

so what will happen if I load plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/voikko.so"

1 Like

You turned all the Kate messages off? It does not work even if I turn all the messages off(from a green square to a white square)!

and the kdebugdialog5 says:

kdebugdialog5     
kf.i18n: KCatalog being used without a Q*Application instance. Some translations won't work
kf.coreaddons.kaboutdata: Could not initialize the equivalent properties of Q*Application: no instance (yet) existing.

Just tell Kate she must get it together!

Seriously, sorry.
I lied. Not really sorry.

3 Likes

Can I see your .bashrc?
I added these but does not work:

QT_LOGGING_RULES='*=false'
export QT_LOGGING_RULES
or
QT_LOGGING_RULES='*.debug=false'
export QT_LOGGING_RULES
or
QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=1
or
QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO = 1 nohup caliber&

Do you mean running kdebugdialog5 >> /dev/null?

pamac install aspell hspell libvoikko

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.