Kasts-Git won't install

Hi there,

I am trying to install the Kasts-git version of Kasts as it’s newer than native. But I get the following error:

- kguiaddons-git: /usr/bin/kde-geo-uri-handler already exists in filesystem (owned by kguiaddons5)
- kguiaddons-git: /usr/share/applications/google-maps-geo-handler.desktop already exists in filesystem (owned by kguiaddons5)
- kguiaddons-git: /usr/share/applications/openstreetmap-geo-handler.desktop already exists in filesystem (owned by kguiaddons5)
- kguiaddons-git: /usr/share/applications/qwant-maps-geo-handler.desktop already exists in filesystem (owned by kguiaddons5)
- kguiaddons-git: /usr/share/applications/wheelmap-geo-handler.desktop already exists in filesystem (owned by kguiaddons5)

Can someone help me understand what is going on here? Is it safe to rename those and let Kasts put in new ones? I’m even wondering WHY it wants to replace a URI handler and .desktop shortcuts that point to open maps and google maps.

thanks in advance.

Impossible to say

Idea

• you have cloned some source and done a make && sudo make install - this creates file conflicts
  • custom packages is unsupported

See

Thank you, I will read those. I also had a “Brain: Working” moment and installed from Kasts from Flathub instead of the AUR. The application installed and works as expected so this post is now redundant. I’m sure you know how it works. The lighbulb goes on just after you asked the question.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.