Java 11 (jdk11-openjdk) no longer works after update to 11.0.14.1.u1-1 due to version `GLIBC_2.34' not found

Updated system with - pacman -Syu

After which Java now fails with the following error -

~ # java --version
Error: dl failure on line 598
Error: failed /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/lib/server/libjvm.so, because /usr/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)

Running Manjaro in WSL from GitHub - sileshn/ManjaroWSL: Manjaro for WSL2 using wsldl

I assume you’re not using stable branch as you have written in your profile, right? You must be using testing or unstable

tested on my machine with the testing branch and works okay for me, seems to be linked all okay,
make sure you have uptodate mirrors and try again “sudo pacman -Syyu --sysupgrade” and reboot the wsl?

Keep in mind that is a third-party project and is not supported.

1 Like

@Arisa
This is the output when I run the command;

~ # pacman -Syyu --sysupgrade
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                                                             166.3 KiB   573 KiB/s 00:00 [############################################################################] 100%
extra                                                                                           1890.2 KiB  2.10 MiB/s 00:01 [############################################################################] 100%
community                                                                                          7.0 MiB  3.95 MiB/s 00:02 [############################################################################] 100%
multilib                                                                                         174.9 KiB   583 KiB/s 00:00 [############################################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: glibc: ignoring package upgrade (2.33-4 => 2.35-2)
 there is nothing to do

The reboot has no effect, the issue persists.

Why did you put into pacman.conf to ignore the glibc package?

1 Like

I’m not sure where that configuration came from.

But I have removed it and it now works.

@Arisa - I have also found out that the WSL version was setup to testing rather than stable, I wasn’t aware. So that explains that side of things.

Thanks all for assist.

1 Like

No problem, you are welcome

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.