I've lost my virtualbox guest additions

I spotted an update popup on my virtual window7 guest.

I installed 6.1.12

But now iv lost the ability to stretch the guest to fill the screen. I am completely lost.

Iv gone a bit crazy removing and installing things but this is what i have installed atm

❰greg❙~❱✔≻ yay -Qs virtualbox
local/linux-latest-virtualbox-host-modules 5.7-2 (linux-latest-extramodules)
    Host kernel modules for VirtualBox (metapackage)
local/linux57 5.7.17-2
    The Linux57 kernel and modules
local/linux57-virtualbox-guest-modules 6.1.12-10 (linux57-extramodules)
    Guest kernel modules for VirtualBox
local/linux57-virtualbox-host-modules 6.1.12-10 (linux57-extramodules)
    Host kernel modules for VirtualBox
local/virtualbox 6.1.12-3
    Powerful x86 virtualization for enterprise as well as home use
local/virtualbox-guest-iso 6.1.12-1
    The official VirtualBox Guest Additions ISO image
local/virtualbox-guest-utils 6.1.12-3
    VirtualBox Guest userspace utilities
❰greg❙~❱✔≻ 

my kernel is Linux 57

I have tried uninstalling the guest additions, which looks like this (grey’s out some of the “view” options) as expected.

Then reinstall 6.1.12. Now the “view” options are all available but don’t work.

Puling hair out, this is the only way i can use quicken on linux but without it i would be forced back to windows because its very important to me.

I believe i figure it.

For some reason the developers (well the packagers, i assume the same people) have changed one of the tick-boxs on the installation GUI’s
ZZ_20200829-224417

Whereas “Direct 3D Support” used to be unticked by default (I checked on a previous version). On the 6.1.12 version they switched it to being ticked as default. So it was as simple as unticking it (simple once you know), it was only because I was messing around with previous versions that i spotted it, i would never have figured it in a lifetime otherwise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.