It appears that the Pulseaudio environment will be replaced by Pipewire in the July 12 update

Perhaps a known issue, but it appears that the Pulseaudio environment will be replaced by Pipewire in the July 12 update.
At this time, piepwire-pulse conflicts with manjaro-pulse and tries to remove manjaro-pulse, but this replacement fails because of conflicts with its proposed packages pulseaudio-jack, pulseaudio-lirc, pulseaudio-rtp, and the dependent This replacement fails because of conflicts between the proposed packages pulseaudio-jack, pulseaudio-lirc, pulseaudio-rtp, and the dependent package pulseaudio-zeroconf.

Will Pulseaudio no longer be supported by Manjaro?
If so, it would be better to remove manjaro-pulse and replace it with manjaro-pipewire.

(Personally, I do not want Pipewire to be forced upon us.)

False. Nothing has changed.

Of course it does, you’re using PulseAudio, not PipeWire. :wink:

Please post your update transaction log here to show us what is conflicting.

1 Like

Thank you and sorry there was a misunderstanding.

This update included pipewire-pulse because easyeffects added pipewire-pulse as a dependency package, which conflicted with pulseaudio.
(I forgot that easyeffects had been installed for the dependency package used by pulseeffects-legacy.)

By removing easyeffects (and manually installing calf, etc.) I was able to update it.

Manjaro ethos does not allow packages to be forced on users

Manjaro Terms of Use
we will ship any software we can as long as our users ask for it and our packers are willing to prepare it for them

The developer of pulseeffects dropped support for PulseAudio and changed to PipeWire in February 2021
PulseEffect 5 not pipewiresrc pulseaudio - Manjaro XFCE 20.1
Change of name to easyeffects was a few months after dependency changes

Stable Update announcement of 2022-07-12 has 3 comments that appear to be blaming PulseAudio for creating dependency problems.
But there were no PulseAudio packages included in the update, So any problem with dependencies must be from another package update and comments are scapegoating the wrong package (again)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.