Issue with Flashpoint project after updating wine-staging

Very specific problem but I don’t know where else to ask for this, but did something break with Wine-staging at all in the repos?

One issue I ran into revolves around the Flashpoint project.

If I update to Wine-Staging 8.20, then for some reason, it no longer allows for loading browser games using their project via Basilisk/FPNavigator, it just hangs with this error
“wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 00007FFEFFFFFFFF at address 00006FFFFFF791A0 (thread 0058), starting debugger…” as before though after that."

Updating to Wine 8.20 did not fix that at all either, but if I downgrade to Wine-Staging 8.15.2, then it works fine, me and Maoijoon spent an hour troubleshooting that and narrowed it down to this. Even trying fresh installs of Flashpoint, since that uses it’s own prefix. Basilisk opens like normal on double clicking through normal Wine Staging too, but something about the update just doesn’t work with how the scripts interface with it for some reason.

They mentioned that it didn’t happen on their end using the same Wine Staging versions, so I don’t know if something went wrong here or not. Had this issue since Wine Staging 8.18

Tested this on an EndeavourOS laptop I have and didn’t run into this issue either, even when it’s the same version of Wine Staging. So it’s something on Manjaros end specifically.

This also didn’t happen when I first updated it, but it cropped up when I tried checking FPNavigator again, is there any way I can isolate applications to use specific wine versions? [Lutris won’t cut it for Flashpoint]

Not necessarily. Could be your configuration.
Try with a new user (just to test).

This makes the above more likely.

Tested with a new user + a new install of Flashpoint via a fresh zip, no differences, exact same wine error as before, downgrading to 5.15.2 suddenly fixes it after.

EDIT: Just rebooted, then upgraded Wine again to 8.20, it booted up again after that, though I’ll have to do some further testing [rebooting again, testing from there, etc] to properly verify it., this is on the original user account, not the test one

EDIT 2: Nope, closing Flashpoint now, then trying it again after opening it brings the exact same error, though with more to it, this is on the original user account, not the test one

" Cooped Up: wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 00007FFEFFFFFFFF at address 00006FFFFFF792F0 (thread 0058), starting debugger…
INFO [15:23:45] 0068:err:mountmgr:registry_flush_thread Failed flushing registry."

EDIT 3: Okay, rebooting it brings it back up, without upgrading wine [already on 8.20], still gonna try some things first.

EDIT 4: Okay, so far it’ll work the first time if I load it after a reboot, but if I close Flashpoint at all, then later try running it again that same session, then I just get the exact same wine error as the above the moment I load anything that requires their browser.
I tried the exact same test on my EndeavourOS laptop and never ran into this issue there [even with the same wine version], different users on my Manjaro system didn’t make any real difference either.

EDIT 5: Yeah right now it’s not working at all after using the system for awhile, it SEEMS to work if it’s right after a reboot, but otherwise it just errors out, even loading FPNavigator with just the system wine throws the same error of
“wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 00007FFEFFFFFFFF at address 00006FFFFFF792F0 (thread 0058), starting debugger…”

Dunno if there’s a way to have 8.15.2 on system and use it just for FP while the rest of the system uses 8.20-1
Every time it does that, it also hangs when I check the system monitor, keeping the wine processes open unless I force close it’s process. Again, 8.15.2 never did this, but 8.18 onward do, none of this happened on my other laptop and these errors persist even on a new user.

Full error below when running in the terminal, at least for just FPNavigator [not the full flashpoint application]

"002c:fixme:winediag:loader_init wine-staging 8.20 is a testing version containing experimental patches. 002c:fixme:winediag:loader_init Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org. 0088:fixme:wineusb:query_id Unhandled ID query type 0x5. 0088:fixme:wineusb:query_id Unhandled ID query type 0x5. 0088:fixme:wineusb:query_id Unhandled ID query type 0x5. 0088:fixme:wineusb:query_id Unhandled ID query type 0x5. 0088:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005 0088:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005 0088:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005 0088:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005 0124:fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity 0054FB90, -1, 00000000, 00000000, 0, 2, 00000000, 0, 00000000 stub 0124:fixme:ole:global_options_Set 009DADD8, 1, 2. wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 00007FFEFFFFFFFF at address 00006FFFFFF792F0 (thread 0058), starting debugger..

EDIT 6: Still the same error, but whenever I reboot then it works fine for a few minutes, but not the entire session. I DID get this when I check the logs within Flashpoint itself.

“0068:err:mountmgr:registry_flush_thread Failed flushing registry.”

If I remove the registry files, it’ll load but it won’t have any audio in the program itself (and placing the reg files back just errors out again)
EDIT: Specifically, it looks like it’s the system.reg file that errors it out, it doesn’t when I check the other two, just this one specifically.

You can use https://usebottles.com/

I have a similar problem with fmd. It doesn’t connect to the Internet, but I found out that this problem only occurs with the 64-bit version. All 32-bit applications connect correctly to the network. This only happens with versions later than 8.15.2.