Issue installing driver for WIFI USB stick Cudy

So I have been following instructions to install the wifi stick, since it does not automatically set itself up, but I am getting a weird problem that I did not get on Debian/Ubuntu distros.

The results I am getting are:

sudo git clone "(github)/RinCat/RTL88x2BU-Linux-Driver.git" /usr/src/rtl88x2bu-git                                                            ✔ 
fatal: destination path '/usr/src/rtl88x2bu-git' already exists and is not an empty directory.
    ~  sudo sed -i 's/PACKAGE_VERSION="@PKGVER@"/PACKAGE_VERSION="git"/g' /usr/src/rtl88x2bu-git/dkms.conf                                                 128 ✘ 
    ~  sudo dkms add -m rtl88x2bu -v git                                                                                                                       ✔ 
Error! DKMS tree already contains: rtl88x2bu-git
You cannot add the same module/version combo more than once.
    ~  sudo dkms autoinstall                                                                                                                                 3 ✘ 
Error! Your kernel headers for kernel 5.15.16-1-MANJARO cannot be found at /usr/lib/modules/5.15.16-1-MANJARO/build or /usr/lib/modules/5.15.16-1-MANJARO/source.
Please install the linux-headers-5.15.16-1-MANJARO package or use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located.
    ~                                                                                                                                                          ✔ 

I am not sure how to fix the kernel issue. The driver link/instructions is at:
(cudy)/wu1300_software_download
Is the no link thing temporary or permanent?

Hi,

This driver is in the AUR, you can install it via pamac build rtl88x2bu-dkms-git

Make sure to install the kernel headers and dkms first.

See here for more information about the AUR package: AUR (en) - rtl88x2bu-dkms-git

How do I do the kernel headers?

As you are usuing 5.15, do pamac install linux515-headers dkms

You can string it together as pamac install linux515-headers dkms && pamac build rtl88x2bu-dkms-git

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.