Introducing GNOME 3.38: "Orbis"

So, finally back to Plymouth? Neat.

1 Like

Actually, using your plymouth theme for now. Brgt-mi packaged under Plymouth-theme-manjaro. If you want to give advice or help with testing it, help is more than welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I really hope it will be soon, because Gnome 3.38 is out now for quite some weeks.

It seems we might get it tonight in stable. You can also just use testing or unstable branch if you want the latest software. With this update cycle, 2 gnome extensions were broken for half a day before they were fixed. It’s not as bad as it might sound, and you get to help in making the stable update happen.

5 Likes

I have already tried with your modifications and while I have no objections with regard to white color of watermark.png, I kinda don’t like its Manjaro logo being so big. This is a matter of taste of course, so feel free to do with it whatever you consider appropriate.
Another thing which is untested is how this theme behaves when applying Fedora-style “firmware | software” updates. Like progress bar during boot-up. Because this is not the way Manjaro updates itself.
Maybe someone with a Fedora VM could try updating with this theme enabled and find it out, that would be nice.

Upd: tested images built with mkinitcpio and dracut, everything is fine. Also removed “intel” and “i915” that I usually set explicitly, and still no observable drawbacks.

1 Like

Should be in Settings > About, or something like that. Not sure on the exact names as I’m AFK.

It’s not my favorite either, but it was chosen to match the watermark on gdm.

Theoretically you can update manjaro like fedora too, if you use gnome-software. It’s not ideal though.

Gnome-software replaces pamac…

1 Like

Ouch! You guys really use that big M logo on a GDM login screen? (I havent’ ever used Gnome edition so I had no idea about Manjaro GDM branding). You really consider that aesthetic? 本当に、十人十色。

Has it been confirmed by manjaro team?

Hm, indeed it replaces pamac-gnome-integration, thus also installs flatpaks, which I am unfortunately not interested into…

But you may if you want! :upside_down_face: