Introducing GNOME 3.38: "Orbis"

This has been remarkably uneventful update, almost nothing actually broke.

3 Likes

When will Gnome 3.38 Available in stable versions … Any Update ??

1 Like

Soon. Hopefully in a few days.

7 Likes

Clipboard Indicator finally works now!

2 Likes

great, then off to stable it should go! :smiley:

It’s now pending kde. We can’t update gnome stack separately, so we have to wait for kde to stabilize after it’s major update. But I’m hopeful we get it out in a few days

2 Likes

What prevents gnome being updated separately from KDE? Is it something that can be changed or fixed?

2 Likes

The repository architecture. Our tools don’t yet support partial snaps.

Honestly???..Ubuntu or PopOS are already using gnome 3.38!

1 Like

Then it would be best for you to simply use Ubuntu or PopOS.

2 Likes

Already switched!

Thanks for the suggestion!

I tried to switch, but I just feel more at home with Manjaro, I can wait for 3.38

1 Like

Alternatively, you can just switch to the testing or unstable branch. 3.38 has been there for quite a while now. But since you already switched, I guess it’s too late.

3 Likes

Don’t worry I will switch back after I get bored of PopOS.
Sorry for being a troll!

3 Likes

Sorry If I am disturbing, but can someone give me there copy of zshrc. I was a GNOME User of Manjaro And now I have KDE Manjaro Installed. I want Konsole to just look like Terminal of GNOME Manjaro. Please give me the original copy of zshrc of GNOME Manjaro.

Manjaro-zsh-config should already be installed in kde edition. Just run zsh to test if this is the case. If not, install it and copy zshrc from /etc/skel to your home directory

2 Likes

Thanks It Worked … I am using minimal ISO.

Never. Manjaro Linux has no alternative. :wink: :blush:

3 Likes

What is the current status on the next stable update? We have 4 pre-releases already I think.

1 Like

Since we had to wait for plasma to stabilize, we started adding new features to gnome edition. So better welcome tour, grub theme, plymouth and oem style installation. When we get a stable branch update, we can release gnome

5 Likes