Integrate better with AppImages

Please give us the AppImageLauncher package preinstalled, and integrated with our system! :slight_smile:

AppImageLauncher: GitHub - TheAssassin/AppImageLauncher: Helper application for Linux distributions serving as a kind of "entry point" for running and integrating AppImages, AUR (en) - appimagelauncher

It takes less than a minute to install Appimagelauncher and be good to go.

Please not. I like it that I can fast install what I need … not (like in Windows) to uninstall things I will never use after fresh installation. :slight_smile:

It’s preinstalled in Manjaro KDE Full ISO

1 Like

C’mon. Manjaro already comes preinstalled with bunch of software. Couldn’t we help newbies with these things? I know, I can install it. But a newbie don’t.

There is the minimal version for you

“Newbies” will tend to use rather Snaps or Flatpaks than Appimages in my opinion.

1 Like

When you update new version of any app through AppImage, but AppImage always recreates the same icon of the app to the directory ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/XXX .

AppImage does not delete many duplicates of icon automatically after uninstall or update any app, but You should manually delete them.

It is the known issue:

Not really. See if someone comes from Windows. They will go to the software’s website, and they will probably download a .deb or .appimage file.

Yes, like every software, they have problems too. Pamac often freezes. As Pamac, I guess this too, will be soon fixed.