Installing Wibu CodeMeter

Hello,
as part of the new license model from TVPaint they moved over to Wibu CodeMeter, it transfers licenses via browser interface.
Has anyone had any experience in getting the drivers/codemeter runtime to work in Manjaro?

There are .deb and .rpm packages available from the official site , but as usual no specific package for Arch based systems. I have tried converting with debtap and archalien, but with no useable results.
I don’t know how to adapt these packages.
I managed to manually install the files and get the codemeter-webadmin.service and codemeter.service to load, but codemeter.service fails to work and I am at the end of my troubleshooting skills.
At some point it looked like the service worked, but then the license transfer stopped with the error below.
So I know it may be network related, but not sure since I have codemeter also running on my macbook air without issues. I just don’t know how to continue.

Error
The connection to CodeMeter Runtime on your computer could not be established. There are different reasons:

Please verify that you have installed the latest CodeMeter Runtime.
    Please verify that CodeMeter Runtime is running on your system. Please restart CodeMeter Service or your computer if needed.
    Please check, if you are using an Internet connection via proxy. In this case, establish a connection without proxy.
    Please check, if the default settings of CodeMeter Runtime have been changed ("network port" or "CmWebSocketApi") and reset them to default.
    Alternatively, you can use file-based license transfer.

0x18088003
CodeMeter License Central WebDepot v19.07.210.500.le
2021-09-15 23:42:54 (UTC)

These are the settings from /etc/wibu/CodeMeter/Server.ini

[Backup]
Interval=24
Path=/var/lib/CodeMeter/Backup
UpdateCertifiedTime=0

[General]
ActionTimeIntervall=10
ApiCommunicationMode=1
BindAddress=0.0.0.0
CleanUpTimeOut=120
CmInstanceUid=0
CmWANPort=22351
EnabledContainerTypes=4294967295
ExePath=/usr/sbin
HelpFile=/usr/share/doc/CodeMeter
IsCmWANServer=0
IsNetworkServer=0
LogCleanupTimeout=336
LogCmActDiag=1
LogLicenseTracking=0
LogLicenseTrackingPath=/var/log/CodeMeter
Logging=0
LogPath=/var/log/CodeMeter
MaxMessageLen=67108864
NetworkAccessFsb=0
NetworkPort=22350
NetworkTimeout=40
ProxyPort=0
ProxyServer=
ProxyUser=
StartDaemon=1
TimeServerTimeout=20
TimeServerURL1=cmtime.codemeter.com
TimeServerURL2=cmtime.codemeter.us
TimeServerURL3=cmtime.codemeter.de
UDPCachingTime=20
UDPWaitingTime=1000

[BorrowClient]

[BorrowServer]

[BorrowManage]

[CmAct\ErrorLogger]

[CmAct\PSNs]

[HTTP]
DigestAuthentication=0
RemoteRead=1

[TripleModeRedundancy]
TmrEnabled=0

Wouldn’t you need another service for CodeMeter Runtime?

You seem to still have the manual option…

Actually no, TVPaint only works with the software license and the runtime is not working properly. It sets up the container which is supposed to be used for the transfer as I can gather.

The runtime service is codemeter.service, if that’s what you mean.

CodeMeterLin is the executable that is called with codemeter.service

They obviously require you to use a supported system.

Because it is a supported platform.

Neither do we - you will have to contact the provider.

I contacted the provider already and they could not provide help.
I mentioned the Mac because I was sure it was not a network issue, since that connection was ok.

I setup a quick Kubuntu system and tried it there just to make sure. The deb packages did not install at first because of dependency issues, which was surprising since debian is a supported sytem.

Turns out that multiarch support was missing, apparently it was discontinued. I found some packages that fixed the dependencies, then the installation was possible.
So CodeMeter worked on Kubuntu, after a quick fix, license transferred. So it’s definitely not a network problem.

I’ll keep this up to date, since others may have similar issues

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.