Installing off PXEBoot Server

I would like to set up my PXE Boot install server to offer Manjaro to my user community (I currently serve Debian, Ubuntu, Centos, Fedora, LinuxFX and several other distributions for users to pxeboot install to their local computers.).

I downloaded the DVD and extracted it to my server. I copied the vmlinuz and initrd images to my pxeboot server and created an entry in pxelinux.cfg to boot Manjaro.

However, when I boot, no installation environment shows up, I get dropped to a “rootfs #” shell prompt.

Having a bit of a problem getting the right set of options I guess, currently I have:

label Manjaro
linux Manjaro/vmlinuz
initrd Manjaro/initrd.img Manjaro/amd.img Manjaro/intel.img
append netboot=nfs nfsroot=a.b.c.d:/Manjaro driver=free nouveau.modeset=1 i915.modeset=1 radeon.modeset=1

any idea which options I need to get Manjaro to launch the installer?

Thanks,

I don’t know if this will work as Manjaro installation media is using four overlays.

The calamares logic then unpacks the root and desktop filesystem onto the end user’s system and installs drivers for the detected hardware.

I know it has been discussed before but I have never heard of anyone succeeding.

i think manjaro iso doesn’t boot on filesystem NFS

I’m not married to NFS, I can use http as well, but it didn’t seem to work either

Hello! Got it boot with the following settings. It requires 4GB RAM to boot

#!ipxe
set server 10.0.0.1
set nfs_path /path/to/extracted/manjaro/iso
kernel nfs://${server}${nfs_path}/boot/vmlinuz-x86_64
initrd nfs://${server}${nfs_path}/boot/amd_ucode.img
initrd nfs://${server}${nfs_path}/boot/intel_ucode.img
initrd nfs://${server}${nfs_path}/boot/initramfs-x86_64.img
imgargs vmlinuz-x86_64 initrd=initramfs-x86_64.img misobasedir=manjaro miso_nfs_srv=${server}:${nfs_path} misolabel=manjaro nouveau.modeset=1 i915.modeset=1 radeon.modeset=1 logo.nologo nonfree=no showopts ip=dhcp
boot