Installing Nvidia drivers

I bought RTX 3050 and installed drivers with

sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300

I want to know how if I did not interfere with installation by pressing ctrl+c in terminal. I saw that nvidia-settings was removed from the driver, when I tried to run it it said ‘command not found’ - should I install something in addition?
There was an issue after waking the PC from sleep with windows flickering and upside down view, and got these notifications, it went back to normal after reboot though:
Screenshot_20230428_190708

inxi -G shows:

Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GA107 [GeForce RTX 3050 8GB] driver: nvidia v: 530.41.03
  Device-2: AMD Renoir driver: amdgpu v: kernel
  Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.8 driver: X: loaded: amdgpu,nvidia
    unloaded: modesetting,nouveau dri: radeonsi gpu: nvidia,amdgpu
    resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
  API: OpenGL v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 530.41.03 renderer: NVIDIA GeForce RTX
    3050/PCIe/SSE2

mhwd -li:

Installed PCI configs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI
video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-prime            2023.03.23               false            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

Nvidia Settings is a separate package now, since a couple month I think, as you could have read in the updates announcements.

General tip: If you think something is missing from a program, always check it’s optional dependencies.

❯ pacman -Si nvidia-utils | grep 'Optional Deps'
Optional Deps   : nvidia-settings=530.41.03: configuration tool

This is the same what it shows for me. I installed nvidia settings separately and trying to follow these instructions Configure Graphics Cards - Manjaro, but where it says ‘save to /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf’ for me the default provided location is ‘/etc/X11/xorg.conf’, but it says ‘unable to open file for writing’ and if I change to /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf it says I need to be root to modify the file. Is it at all needed to change these settings or can I do without it?

Also for some reason the font size in Firefox tab titles and search bar became smaller seemingly out of nowhere after some time. After I had installed the drivers and rebooted it was as before, only the font in Manjaro windows increased by 1 but I can control it in System settings, but I didn’t find how to change the Firefox font size, neither in System settings nor in Firefox.

I find it useful to write the config as root, to define what is the default state of the computer. Then you can reconfigure without sudo locally for your user.

I’m not sure about the ‘font size’, maybe what you’re describing is the ‘DPI’ setting, that can change when you install the drivers.

Found I had to run nvidia settings as sudo and use the path provided in the instructions instead of the default one.
And this is how Firefox looked for a while, already after installing drivers and then when it suddenly changed:

Applied ‘Force font DPI’ from font settings and it’s now bigger again - is that the solution or is there something else and can I find a ‘correct’ DPI number to set (that would return the old look), or do I just set what looks good for me?

I think without the Nvidia drivers and with the Nvidia drivers, it does not set the same DPI, I’m not sure why, but I think you can see the difference for example in the inxi -aG command output, you can see the monitor DPI and I think it changes when you have the Nvidia drivers installed or not, and this is what probably changes your ‘font size’.