Installing Manjaro with no CD or USB drive

I currently have 2 SSDs and 1 HDD in my PC using windows 10. What I would like to do is format my 2nd SSD and install manjaro on it. I have no DVD or USB drives. An acquaintance told me it may be possible to do the following:

Format 2nd SSD, make 2 partitions with the first partition being just large enough to hold the installer ISO.

Boot into the installer partition and install manjaro to the SSD.

Is this possible?

Hi @Steven-dev, and welcome!

According to what I understand from this post on Reddit it should be possible.

However, it doesn’t seem to be worth it to me, especially considering how cheap smaller USB sticks can be.

But maybe that’s just me. :man_shrugging:

before reading this, I thought the OP had no USB ports. I had to re-read to make sure your response was correct :grin:

He might, I don’t know. Just gave my opinion and what I know. :wink:

Thank you for your welcome and your replies!

I do have USB ports, just no thumbdrive or external hard drive available atm. I will most likely go purchase a thumbdrive tonight, but I wanted to see if that suggestion was possible. It makes sense in my head, one partition with the installer, boot into it and install the OS to the 2nd partition. I spent some time googling around and can’t find anything conclusive.

I guess you are looking for something like that:

Possible would be installing tinycore or alpine on a little partition with grub and put the grub menu of the iso on it, problaly also a tiny efi partition and make it bootable.

Or install Manjaro on a VM, install ALMA and connect the VM to the physical SSD. Then install it there.