Installing Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption - System won't boot

Hello,

I was trying to install Manjaro with Full Disk encryption.
I previously used another GNU/Linux distribution along with Windows, so I replaced the old Linux partition with Manjaro in the installer, and I ticked the “encrypt” checkbox:

So the partitioning is:

├─nvme0n1p1                         vfat        FAT32            ESP               F4A3-9107                                           
├─nvme0n1p2                                                                                                                            
├─nvme0n1p3                         ntfs                         OS                2818DD9518DD627C                                    
├─nvme0n1p4                         ntfs                         WINRETOOLS        8250879450878E1B                                    
├─nvme0n1p5                         ntfs                         Image             B4A4884AA4881152                                    
├─nvme0n1p6                         ntfs                         DELLSUPPORT       5096A5E296A5C8B4                                    
└─nvme0n1p7                         crypto_LUKS 1                                  777...                
  └─luks-777...
                                    ext4        1.0                                660...  120,6G     5% /run/media/manjaro/660...

The result is that my system doesn’t boot. When I turn the computer on, it asks me for the password, I enter the password, and I get
error: access denied
error: no such cryptodisk found.
error: disk ‘cryptouuid/…’ not found.
Entering rescue mode…
grub rescue>

Now I booted into the Live CD again, and I can decrypt and access the encrypted partition with the password. So the encryption seems fine to me, only the bootloader won’t work.
How can I fix this?
Thank you in advance.

You might have to boot into a live USB and then manjaro-chroot into the (unlocked) system partition.

If you didn’t use the “automatic / erase entire disk” option, then extra steps are likely needed for a working, bootable fully encrypted system. Using the “automatic” method in the installer will obliterate the entire disk, yet it does extra steps to ensure the initramfs and GRUB point to the correct devices. (This has been my personal experience, and it is also why using manjaro-architect is awesome, since it walks you through those “extra steps”.)

When you chroot into your system partition, the following files/configs are of interest:

• /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
  • /etc/crypttab (not really, since the encrypted system container is handled by the initramfs/mkinitcpio)
  • /etc/fstab
  • /etc/default/grub

Upon properly making the modifications, while still in the chroot environment:

mkinitcpio -P

grub-install (only if required)

update-grub