Installing manjaro with btrfs + MBS

hi i am new to btrfs and tried to install it without any luck would you be able to provide some instruction as i was unable of find clear direction for bios +MBR

thank again
best regard
Omar

Dual boot? Using the whole disk or a specific partition? We need more information…

Hi, I am trying to achieve in the manjaro install is to have a small boot partition that will allow me to boot from using bios. The rest of the HDD will be BTRFS with a timeshift

sorry that I was not very clear with my question.

Best regard
omar

If I’m understanding correctly, the setup you’re wanting is similar to the one I’m using. Here is a screenshot showing my disk layout in gparted:

I did this in two steps:

1. I set up my partitions in gparted, getting the sizes and layout the way I wanted them.
  2. I assigned mount points by selecting “Manual Partitioning” during the install process.

You can also set up the partitions in the installer, if you prefer.

EDIT:
More information about partitioning in a recent article here:

1 Like

I do not have EFI My laptop does not support it so could I go with ext4/boot and follow the rest of the direction?

best regard
Omar

I believe so.

As I understand it, the EFI partition is only required for systems booting using EFI…

do i then create the sub volume after the install or is that taken care of during the installation?

sorry for all the question but i am new at this

thank you
best regard
Omar

The installation sets up a default subvolume scheme compatible with timeshift, which is also installed.

1 Like

thank you for all your help

Best regard
Omar

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.