Installing GoG games that require input (a pop-up window for selection) is black

Like the title says, some games require more information such as language selection. However, when the pop up window opens, it is totally black and the mouse disappears within it. The mouse will hover around the border of the popup window just fine.
In my example I was able to select German and English by tabbing and hitting enter, but some popup windows I cant do that.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Games that do not require a popup window install fine.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

How are you installing games from GOG? We can’t help until we know where these “pop up windows” are originating from.

Please also see:

Ah, yes. You cant read my mind, sorry.
Lutris. I have several games installed from G0G and they install fine and run fine. It is when during the install that it has questions for you, and a window pops up to get your input. That window is solid back and the mouse doesnt show while in that window.
I am currently working on figuring out how to run lutris through the console so I can track what is happening. While I am not afraid of the console, it has been awhile so I am still figuring out how to do so.

Issue is quasi resolved. For anyone else with this issue, uninstall the NVIDA drivers. It seems that it is not sending a refresh signal to the window to display the information sent to that window popup.
I started the install to the game that produces the popup window to select the language and used my USB KVM switch to switch back to Windows box to quit for the night. Woke up this morning and switched back to the Linux box and watched the popup window display the information that belongs to the window.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.