Installation using manjaro-kde-21.1.1-210827-linux54 failed to install network device drivers.

Installation using manjaro-kde-21.1.1-210827-linux54 failed to install network device drivers.

Since I don’t have access to any network resources on the target machine, I need to figure out where to get the correct drivers, and how to install them.

System: Dell Precision 7560, with an intel cpu, and a hybrid intel/nvidia graphics system.

Output from inxi -N:

Network:  Device-1: Intel Ethernet I219-LM vendor: Dell driver: N/A port: efa0
          bus-ID: 00:1f.6 chip-Id 8086:15f9 class-ID: 0200
          Device-2: Wi-Fi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz driver: N/A port: 3000
          bus-ID: 93:00.0 chip-Id 8086:22725 class-ID: 0280

Output from rfkill list

0: dell-wifi: Wireless LAN
   Soft blocked: no
   Hard blocked: no
1: dell-bluetooth: Bluetooth
   Soft blocked: no
   Hard blocked: no

I assume I need to do 1 of 2 (or both) things:

1. Download the firmware.cab from from fwupd.org (my machine model is LVFS listed) and install it through the bios, then re-install manjaro from the pahvo installer.
    AND/OR
  2. Download the latest linux-firmware (from where?) and install it (how?)

My UI didn’t install properly (probably a display driver problem), but I can tackle that after I get network up and running.

Am I on the right path? What do I need to do to get my network connection working??? Please keep in mind any solution will require me to be able to download a file to usb from another machine, mount the usb, and then do something with the file (I think…)

If you have a mobile device, you can use USB Tethering for a temporary internet connection.

The Intel iwlwifi driver is included in the linux-firmware package which you should already have installed.

It appears you downloaded the Minmal LTS version. Alternatively, try the Minimal version with 5.13.

Is there a way to know definitively if the iwlwifi driver included in linux-firmware for 5.4 explicitly supports the AX210/AX211/AX411 wifi device and the Intel Ethernet I219-LM device? I don’t mind poking around blind, but it would be helpful to KNOW.

If it did, it should be working. You downloaded the most recent ISO which already has the latest linux-firmware package (20210818.c46b8c3-1).