Installation media does not boot

Hello community,

I’am trying to get a fresh Manjaro installation on a HP desktop PC. But every time I try to boot into the Live-System it

• either breaks right in the beginning when trying to set the keyboard layout ( but instead the monitor simply turns black ),
  • or, and this is the far more frequent problem: it simply stops booting around the message [ OK ] Started Load/Save RF Kill Switch Status - sometimes earlier sometimes later…

As installation media I am using a SanDisk USB drive. It works perfectly on another PC, so it seems not to be physically damaged. Other USB drives fail as well.

The iso file - xfce version - was downloaded from the manjaro.org homepage and the checksum is correct. Flashing is done with Rufus, Balena Etcher or Win32DiskImager. All three programs finish successfully, but restarting and booting into the media proves it to be useless (see above). Same is happening to other editions (KDE, i3).

I disabled fast boot, legacy and so on (the usual settings when booting from another media).

Could anyone give me an advice what’s going wrong?

Have u disabled secure boot?
Also u need to flash the usb stick in uefi mode with gpt.

Have u disabled secure boot?

yes I did. My BIOS settings are:

• Secure Boot : Disabled
  • Legacy Support : Enabled
  • Fast Boot : Disabled

Also u need to flash the usb stick in uefi mode with gpt.

I tried, but

• in Balena Etcher or Win32DiskImager I don’t find an option to set this explicitly, and

• Rufus unfortunately disables these settings as soon as I select any of the manjaro isos:

So initially I assumed it might be set within the iso somehow. But to be sure I flashed other isos too. Here it remains active, i.e.:

Ok: Arch may not be fully comparable, since it doesn’t offer a true live system, but the generated installation medium does not boot either. EndeavourOS, Artix, and elementaryOS also behave like this. For all of them Partition scheme and Target system can be set actively, and flashing works without an error.
For some isos (e.g. elementaryOS) Rufus offers dd mode aside the recommended iso mode (for manjaro isos this is not offered).
But in the end none of the live systems boot although elementaryOS recommends the use of Rufus. GRUB may load and allows some settings but then it simply stops doing anything: the screen is black but no boot process starts - maybe a cursor in the upper left corner blinks a couple of times but thats all.

(All isos are downloaded from the official sites and checksums are correct.
During the flashing process I do not perform any other task on the computer.)