Installation from Live USB hangs on [ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface

Hello! I’m new to the community and excited to use Manjaro. I’ve had great success with it until earlier this week when I botched trying to install Nvidia drivers on my GPU (a GTX 1050 Ti). I ran into an issue with LightDM not running. I think I may have edited a bootloader file somewhere. I upgraded my GPU (not entirely because of this issue) to a Radeon 6700 XT. I figured a fresh install of Manjaro would solve this issue.

Whenever I try booting from a live USB (5.10.42-1-MANJARO) the bootloader hangs at

[ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface.

I’ve read posts on this forum related to my issue and it seems to be a fairly common problem with this GPU. I’m hoping I can get pointed in the right direction, as I’m lost in the weeds. All in all, this has been an informative process. I’ve learned a little bit more in the last few days, and that’s encouraging.

Edit: I’m going to do a bit of light reading tomorrow on GRUB.

I ended up not reading up on GRUB, though I probably should at some point.

The solution was to use a different kernel, a la this post.

As much as I would have liked to solve this with chroot, I probably would have done more harm than good.

I’m looking forward to this!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.