Installation failed command 'grub-install --target=i386-pc --recheck --force' After deleting Fedora 33

I had Fedora 33 previously installed that has LVM. Now Im trying to Install the newest Manjaro XFCE.

I get this error at the end of my installation:

Installation Failed

Boost.Python error in job "bootloader".

Command 'grub-install --target=i386-pc --recheck --force/dev/sda' returned non-zero exit status 1.
Installing for i386-pc platform, grub install: error: unable to identify filesystem in hostdisk//dev/sda; safety check can't be performed.

Traceback:

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 476, in run
	prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py". line 448. in prepare_bootloader
	install_grub(efi_directory, fw_type)

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 353, in install_grub
	check_target_env_call([libcalamares.job.configuration["grubinstall"],

File "<string>", line 5, in <module>

(rewritten by hand because it didn’t let me copy-paste for some reason)
I previously also installed Ubuntu because I heard it is capable of deleting those LVMs itself. It did install successfully so now I’m trying to install Manjaro in its place.

When I run sudo lvdisplay as I was told to in a certain tutorial I get nothing, no output listed.

What should I do now?

The problem was that I was choosing a different drive for boot partition and it was getting fed up for some reason lol

1 Like

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.