Installation Failed Boost.Python error in job "networkcfg"

No, not because of this. Just want to clean install

Actually because of this - I already formatted my SSD and now I can’t get it working :smiley:

same thing

There’s an issue with installer itself. I replicated mentioned pull request changes in my local copy at “/usr/lib/calamares/modules/networkcfg/main.py” before running the installer and managed to install it. Now checking if everything works properly.

2 Likes

Good that you know what happens here…thank you for your nice support and useless meassage

how do you do that? git clone?

I quite literally just “sudo vi /usr/lib/calamares/modules/networkcfg/main.py” and did the changes in the commit, saved it and ran the installer.

The commit in question: WIP: [networkcfg] fix replace_username() undefined variables by coreylang · Pull Request #1794 · calamares/calamares · GitHub

2 Likes

@Blazingmagpie roger that :slight_smile: also is it right if you startup the live medium without connecting to network in any form , would the installer work without that patch , I think , or am I wrong at this ?

@anon58039152 I have not tried installing without network, so I don’t know if it will work. You might as well try it and if it doesn’t work just reboot and start again.

@Blazingmagpie I am not affected in this, I was just trying to help, but you brought in any case a solution to @mathochist 's problem …

thx man

thank YOU….

The solution for now is to conduct the installation offline ─ i.e. to disable WiFi. The issue will be fixed some time later tonight (Central European Summer Time).

Thanks for everyone’s thoughts. Running the installer offline did not work for me.

@Blazingmagpie, when you say

just “sudo vi /usr/lib/calamares/modules/networkcfg/main.py” and did the changes in the commit, saved it and ran the installer

might you be able to provide a more specific guide on what commands to run (I’m guessing from the terminal in the live image but not 100% sure) and what files to edit, and how?

Barring that, I’m guessing that the solution would be to wait for a fix on the installer, in which case, anyone wanna guess what that turnaround time might be? Two weeks give or take? I may get impatient and go for the Arch install if I feel like putting my big kid pants on!

edit iso file “/usr/lib/calamares/modules/networkcfg/main.py”
with “sudo vi” or “sudo nano” or “kate”(more simple if kde iso) or …
all is in commit :
replace 3 red lines by 3 green lines (all the line, except first char “+”), lines Number 76, 80 and 81

line 76 replace : with open(target_network, "r") as network_conf:

with open(nm_config_filename, "r") as network_conf:

replace lines 80 and 81 by:

target_permissions = 'permissions=user:{}:;\n'.format(target_user)
    with open(nm_config_filename, "w") as network_conf:

ps: lines starts with 4 spaces

1 Like

Having the same issue. Is there an update on the fix?

yes is fixed in last calamares 3.2.44-2

Thank u so much

I tried now to update calamares in my live session to 3.2.44-2 and it probably worked

The funny thing is that even though I’m running Manjaro 21.1.4, updated calamares installer shows me Welcome to Manjaro Linux 20.1 “Mikah” installer :smiley:
Do you know where this came from? (I’m just curious, how can this happen :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

EDIT: It crashed. And after another try It doesn’t let me use the automatic option for choosing partition and shows me only the manual option :laughing:
And then crashed again

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.