Install Manjaro on Lenovo Ideapad Duet 3i - Manjaro does not boot

Hello,

I have bought a Lenovo Ideapad Duet 3i with the idea to use it as a linux tablet.

So far I have been successful to install Ubuntu on it BUT I am not happy. Well yes, it is working, performance for the device is good but I expect more. For example the screen resolution and screen orientation has to be manually changed over the configuration files - this should be a function somewhere today (screen rotation in Ubuntu is deactivated).

On my laptop I am using Debian and on my desktop I am using Mint (because I want to have the latest graphic cards drivers automatically be installed). So I do have a certain Linux know-how.

Now I have read a user comment about Manjaro on the Ideapad Duet 3i - which sounds very promising. That is why I want to install Manjaro on my Ideapad Duet 3i.

Issue:

During boot of the tablet I can choose (F12) to boot from the prepared USB stick BUT always Ubuntu is starting. Any idea why?

Even changing the standard boot order (F2) to USB first does not help. The USB stick with the Manjaro iso seems to be fine after checking again on my laptop.

What can I try?

BR Martin

Welcome to the forum @martin.f :slightly_smiling_face:

You can try chrooting into the Manjaro install from a live USB and then reinstalling grub bootloader:
First boot from the live iso and open the terminal:

sudo manjaro-chroot -a

After that command is successful, run (assuming you have EFI system) -

sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Manjaro --recheck

You can always refer to -

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/GRUB/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader#Use_manjaro-chroot

Thank you for the link!

I could start the live system. Yes, Manjaro is very responsive and expected functionalities like screen rotation are working. The installation on the tablet is running…

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.