Install-manjaro-linux can't be launched in Manjaro Gnome ISO

Hi there! I encountered some issues while trying to install manjaro-gnome edition.
The iso file I burned into my USB stick is manjaro-gnome-21.3.2-220704. And my laptop setup is as follows:
CPU:Intel i5-3230M
RAM:4G
Grapic card: Nvidia Geforce 610M/Intel Graphics 4000

I can’t start the installation for there is no gui poping out after launching install-manjaro-linux, the installation wizard. Launching the installer from the terminal gives me nothing but the following warnings

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland anyway.
Warning: Running setxkbmap against a XWayland server.

However, the system monitor indicated that the installer is actually running in the background.
Additionally, I notice that applications like manjaro-hello has the same symptoms.

Is there any solution to this problem?Many thanks in advance to those who helped me.

Hello,

Did you try to log out, log in using X11 session by using manjaro as username and password for the live session and then start the installer? Do you boot using proprietary or free drivers?

1 Like

Appreciate it! I re-logged using xorg session and it worked.
By the way, does it caused by the gnome graphic library being incompatiable with the application’s graphic lib?

I would have to investigate more for a proper answer, but my experience with hibrid GPU is quite limited.

Guess I should learn more about wayland and x11 stuffs first. :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.