Install Edimax EW-7822ULC [solved]

Hello Everyone,

I am a Linuex newbie and I have a Edimax Wi-Fi dongle on my laptop. The laptop is pretty old so I need it to connect to faster Wi-Fi speeds. I originally had Manjaro XFCE installed but I had to change HD and decided to try KDE instead. I found my original post in the old forum to install the dongle. My question is if I need to anything else? I am sure that the kernal version is newer so I am not sure if any of the instructions should be different.

I can’t paste the old forum link here but I included the instruction provided to me below.

Previous instructions:

sudo pacman -S git dkms linux419-headers
sudo pacman -S linux$(uname -r| grep -o -E ‘[0-9]+’ | head -n 2 | sed ‘N;s/\n//’)-headers
pamac build rtl8822bu-dkms-git

Thank you for your help

Hi!
Basically it’s the same process, but the packages maybe different.
Run uname -r, note the kernel you’re using
Then
sudo pacman -Syu linux5X-headers dkms git
Change linux5X to your kernel series.
Then you can install the driver just like you did last time.if you use pamac to install the driver, make sure you have activated AUR in pamac-mamager settings

Thank you for the quick response. I ran that I think is the command but got an error. Here is what happened

[f ~]$ uname -r
5.8.6-1-MANJARO
[f ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu linux5.8.6-headers dkms git:: Synchronizing package databases…
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
error: target not found: linux5.8.6-headers
warning: git-2.28.0-1 is up to date – reinstalling

It’s linux58-headers :wink:

Lol, just figure that one out. I’m all set with the dongle.

Thanks you for your help visone and Yochanan

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.