Incredibly slow application load times after updates

This loading problem has been getting worse with each update since some time in January. On this machine
z2-g4-info
Gnome screenshot takes in excess of 8 seconds to load. Thunderbird and Mozilla FireFox are also tipping the scales north of 6 seconds.

This is not a sluggish resource constrained machine. The boot drive is an M.2 WD black SSD.

Brave browser, Vivaldi, even Emacs load instantly. Even CodeBlocks has its splash screen up in under 1 second, which is saying something.

If it was just one application I would be reporting it to them, but it’s quite a few on Manjaro and seems to be getting worse.

Hello @seasoned_geek :wink:

That is known and there is a solution. Read the Announcements. The first 2 posts are the important ones.

2 Likes

Thanks,
I’m running Cinnamon desktop version. Will either just suffer or go use my Ubuntu machines. I just didn’t find this topic with search so reported. Sorry to have reported a widely known issue.

:question:

Ok, Cinnamon is not listed here, but I guess it suffers like XFCE:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m in same case for june, I have found this solution :

sudo pacman -Rdd xdg-desktop-portal-gnome                                                                                                                
sudo pacman -S xdg-desktop-portal-gtk

But after each update, the problem comes back, and it’s a pain.
Am I an isolated case?
Have I missed out on a long-lasting solution?