Incorrect window decoration

Well, this is a silly issue, but I can’t seem to find the solution so I might share my doubts here :slight_smile:

I recently installed Plasma, pretty happy with it, but I noticed something was off with the title bar buttons, I try to keep GTK/QT apps with the same style-ish. Breeze for QT and Nordian-Breeze for GTK look nice together so why not?
The GTK style works but the QT one… well, you can see:

I selected Breeze but it’s not Breeze as you can tell. Plus I had uninstalled the other decorations and they still show (there are a few others as well). No idea why, but it seems broken. I tried reinstalling Breeze, but no clue, really. I hope you can help me :stuck_out_tongue:

Try logging out completely, and then press Ctrl+Alt+F2. Log in at the tty using your normal credentials. Then issue the following commands… :arrow_down:

rm -f .cache/*.kcache
rm -f .cache/kwin/qmlcache/*
rm -f .cache/ksycoca5_*
sync
exit

Now, press Alt+F1 and log back in at the GUI. This should force Plasma to repopulate its cache.

Sadly, that didn’t work for neither of the two issues :l

So, issue no.2 (the leftovers from uninstalled window decorations) is fixed: they are saved on /home/user/.local/share/aurorae/themes. I simply deleted the themes I didn’t want and that’s all.

Issue no.1 was fixed by selecting another global theme. It seems it overwrites your selection of a window decoration. Using the Breeze global theme simply fixes it. Thanks for the help anyway! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.