Im trying to change the boot order. installation

video name = “DUAL BOOT Manjaro 20.0 KDE Plasma and Windows 10 | Easy Guide for Beginners (UEFI BIOS)”

in the video its telling me to have the boot order exactly like that.
I double checked in the bios system to see if manjaro is first and it is but the boot order on the command line says something else.

Bios says = 1.manjaro 2.usb drive 3.ata hdd

command line says= 19th place. manjaro and 0002 was in the 4th place.

this is my first time trying linux ive been at windows os pretty much my entire life. help me

If you were referring to the output of efibootmgr - there is an extra line starting with BootOrder where the boot order is given.
The listing itself is not according to currently set BootOrder.

You should better explain your issue, the boot order is not very important.

Sab ~ # efibootmgr list
BootCurrent: 0000
Timeout: 0 seconds
BootOrder: 0000,0001,0002,0014,0015,0016,0017,0018
Boot0000* gentoo
Boot0001* ubuntu
Boot0002* manjaro

Boot0014* USB CD:

The boot order tell me which grub I am using, each linux distro (and probably windows) manage it’s own boot and with efi you can choose the one you want. As @freggel.doe said you can see the boot order that will define which OS efi installation you’ll boot from.
From the example above efi will boot from gentoo if not ok, ubuntu … then USB (boot014).

That being said what is your issue ? Do you want to boot Linux but it goes to windows ? Do you want to boot on an USB to install linux ? What problem are you trying to solve ?

im only following what the video has told me to do down to every last detail. I know how much of a pain things can be if i dont.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.